We assist in applying for all the necessary visas and permits, such as special passes, work permits, student passes and dependents passes.

Most foreigners coming to Uganda, whether for employment or to do business, will need a valid visa to enter and stay in the country. The type of visa or permit needed will depend on each individual’s situation and in some cases, such as for diplomats, the employer has to process the permit. When employing expatriate staff, there are always immigration services in Uganda and visa obligations which may put pressure on the HR department and our knowledge of the immigration system can make this process easier for your staff.

Obtaining Visas and Permit

For individuals and companies that need assistance, Expat Assist offers services ranging from one-off immigration services in Uganda advice to management of all of your immigration needs while living and working in Uganda. Our immigration services in Uganda start with an assessment of your situation and we will advise you on how to best prepare for the application process.

This preparation preferably starts before arrival in Uganda, because after determining what class of permit is applicable, we will determine what documents are required from your home country, and what other certificates or approvals are needed to start the application. We will create a personal plan with you to make sure that the processing time of your permit will be as short as possible.

Most importantly, we will ensure full compliancy with regulations at every step, we well as taking a proactive approach to monitoring the process, meaning that there will be no surprises for you, your organisation or for your employee further down the line.

Long-term Immigration Management

Once your initial visas and permits have been obtained, and you are enjoying your stay in Uganda, it’s important to bear in mind that visas and permits expire after the initial requested period, and therefore you may need to apply for extensions. In order to avoid unnecessary last-minute stress over expired permits or visas, Expat Assist can help you to keep track of your permits and passes’ expiry dates and manage the timely application of extensions, renewals and cancellations.

  • Short Visit Visas
  • Visa Extension & Renewal
  • New Work permit Applications
  • Work Permit Extension/Renewal
  • Special Pass Applications
  • Student Passes
  • Dependant Passes
  • Resident Certificate
Immigration services in Uganda
Want to work with us? Get in touch?